Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Northern Michigan

Spring is here and soon the towns, villages, and cities of Northern Michigan will spring back to life. It's like they go into hibernation in the winter, with snow blowing on isolated streets. Now that Spring is here, many folks are making plans to get out and enjoy the warmer weather. Many will be sprucing up thier homes and shop owners will be preparing for those who will visit.

I've been busy gathering my work to take to the owners of the Huron Lights Museum and Gift Shop in Alpena Michigan. My photographic artwork that is displayed and for sale at the shop, will have a nautical theme and a northern cabin type theme, many photographs to choose from. Also available will be notecards with my photographs printed on them. I am hoping to bring back the art of letter writing, a blank notecard is a perfect way to write a personal message to special someone. A handwritten note is still more personable and meaningful than an e-mail. What do you think?

One of the pieces that will be at the Huron Lights Gift Shop is the photo above of an old life boat which sits on the same land that occupies the Sturgeon Point Lighthouse. If only this boat could talk, imagine the stories it would tell.....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photo. And I agree, the rare times I receive a handwritten note, I am thrilled.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete